Friday, December 23, 2011

Inkurable Holly Challenge

I couldn’t finish my week of intense blogging without sharing the cards I did for the December Inkurable Stampers challenge.  This month we were to create something using holly as a theme.  I thought it the perfect opportunity to use another of the Tim Holtz 12 tags techniques – embossing metal.  You can see his tag and instructions here.

I created two cards on the theme but will only enter the second one into the challenge.

P1000786-PSP1000787-PS

I love how well the technique worked to give a glass-like effect!

P1000797-PS

P1000802-PS

The holly leaves were cut from alcohol inked glassine paper.  Tim demos the technique in the post here, relating to tag 7.  If you haven’t tried this stuff – buy some!  It is so easy to use.

I did a third card as well so have a look on my Flickr site for it.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow Robyn... these cards are AWESOME... love them both... the embossing is fabulous... and love the glassine paper leaves... will have to see if I can find that paper and give it a try...

Merry Christmas... may it be wonderful and joy filled...

Jenny x

Vicky said...

These are beautiful, a great technique indeed, & the glassine leaves are a gorgeous finishing touch...All the best for a safe & happy festive season :)

shirley said...

WOW Robyn, both these cards are FABULOUS! I recently bought some glassine paper to try out Timmy's technique. Thanks for the inspiration.
Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas. x

lena-dailyscrap said...

Very nice cards! I better go and check that site...

Karen said...

So pretty! I love all the texture and fresh colours. Proof that the technqiue doesn't have to be just for grunge. I love them!