The challenges keep coming at Inkurable Stampers and this time we are to use orange, green and purple plus neutrals of white/black/brown if needed.
This colour palette is not one I use regularly so it was an interesting exercise. As I have a class coming up featuring the batik technique, I thought I would give that a go. It gave me a chance to use my new Darkroom Door Bold Blossoms set.
Essentially the batik technique tries to mimic the look of batik fabric – normally done with wax as a resist to the dyeing medium. In this technique, the image is stamped and embossed with clear ink/powder and the background is coloured with inks etc – on this card I used Distress Inks. Once happy with the result, the piece is covered with a bit of paper towel and ironed with a dry iron. The heat from the iron removes the embossing powder and leaves a lovely 'flat' image which leaves people guessing.
7 comments:
Hi Robyn,
Love your card. I have to try this technique (it's on my 'to do' list :) )
Karin
Lovely card Robyn :)
Love the technique. The flowers look great against the beautiful background.
I also love that technique, specially with that stamp - it looks great.
I've never heard of this technique ~ thanks for sharing, I'm going to give it a go ~ your card looks lovely:)
Sounds like a fun technique, will have to give it a go. This is lovely!
Wow, Robyn! The colours looks so vibrant and the batik technique has worked beautifully with the floral stamp. Gorgeous!
I LoVE the striking colours! & that's the perfect image for that technique :)
Post a Comment