Monday, January 3, 2011

One Layer Wonders

Happy New Year readers!  I hope the silly season has gone well for you.

I have been busy of late catching up on some crafting during the downtime that usually comes with Christmas.  It has been nice to play, especially as I couldn’t properly for a few months due to severe back pain.  All fixed now thank goodness!

Just before Christmas I started working on some one-layer wonders – the current challenge theme at Inkurable Stampers.  Here is the card I will send to Sarah.

P1030400 1

I used the Darkroom Door Seashells stamp set from the Seaside Collection. Firstly the background was lightly sponged with tumbled glass distress ink.  The shells were then stamped with Versamark & embossed with clear powder.  The cardstock was again sponged with distress inks – this time using broken china & chipped sapphire as well as a bit of tumbled glass (don’t you love those names?).  Excess ink on the embossing was removed with a tissue.  The word was stamped on with black Brilliance & embossed with clear powder.  The small stars were highlighted with dots from a white gel pen.  The card was finished off with some webby stuff and a bit of recycled twine and then mounted onto a card base.

Here is a close up:

P1030403

While I was on a roll I did another using the same technique and just the Nautilus shell. 

P1030401

No comments: