Friday, April 10, 2009

Inkurable Challenge



Last weekend I was following the happenings at Inkurable. Sarah's first challenge was to create a birthday card using a Pagemaps sketch. Once I found the Pink Paislee paper the rest was easy - a blue/silver colour scheme and butterfly embellishment.
The greeting is Hero Arts, the frame Urban Lily, the scallop Collections and it got put through the Cuttlebug swiss dots folder. I also used the writing embossing folder for the background and highlighted the words with a little ink. The patterned paper was distressed a little and edges painted with a bit of silver paint.

This isn't a great close up of the butterfly but I think you will see the silver around the edges and the distress crackle paint on the inside of the wings. The shape is grungeboard. I was quite pleased with the overall effect!








Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

scrapthesurface said...

I love this card...
Great job.